Management Without Borders Project
The Town of Windsor and the Municipality of the District of West Hants are being watched by other municipal players in Canada and business leaders as we make our way through the consolidation process and are undoubtedly wondering if it will be successful. The question is, how will we know if it is successful?
To assist us in determining the success of the consolidation, Dalhousie University has partnered with us through the Management Without Borders (MWB) school program.
The outcome of this project is to produce a document to share with other municipalities in Nova Scotia and across Canada who are considering a merger. The document will include relevant performance metrics to assess if the merger has been successful. When possible, the document will provide benchmarks for these metrics, which will be determined by analyzing the state of affairs with West Hants and Windsor being separate.
Some possible topics that will be addressed within the performance metrics include opportunity costs, taxation, economic development, community identity, governance, services and service level measures.
The students were provided some preliminary information and will present their project outline to the Co-ordinating Committee in the next couple of weeks.
The Management Without Borders Team Profile is shown below.
- Devin Drover: MBA/JD Candidate from Memorial University – Economics, Legal research, Political Consulting, Data Analytics, Policy Analysis
- William Stevenson: MPA Candidate from Wilfred Laurier University – Policy Research, Municipal Experience, Policy Analysis
- Medha Malviya: MREM Candidate from University of Delhi – Honours economics, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Data Management, Financial Markets
- Iliana Irons: MREM Candidate from McGill University – Policy Implementation, Social sustainability, Performance Indicator Research, Engagement
- Patrick Rooney: MBA Candidate from Dalhousie University – Financial Modelling, Data Analytics, Internal Process Improvement, Change Management
- Karuna Varakuti: MI Candidate from JNTU University – Data Analytics and Visualization, Data Management, Information Management
The Team will produce their work and present it to the Co-ordinating Committee by December 2019.
This project is being championed and sponsored by our Co-ordinator, Kevin Latimer.